Wellness Fitness Coordinator I
Last Updated: December 28, 2016
MHF is seeking a FT, Wellness Fitness Coordinator for a Federal Occupational Health facility in Baltimore MD.
- Plans, develops, coordinates, and implements all activities of the Fitness Center Program (FCP)
- Oversees designated FCP ensuring all services have been delivered and reported to the FOHS Project Officer
- Provides orientation and training in FOHS guidelines and administrative policies
- Provides communication to staff on new or changed policies
- Ensures that FC is staffed according to the statement of work
- Implements the preparticipation evaluation and annual restratification process in accordance with FOHS
- implements or coordinates fitness programs
- Implements or coordinates wellness activities
- Recommends the purchase of any needed exercise equipement
- Provides daily routine maintenance of existing equipment
- Coordinates and ensures that all supplies, equipment and files are stored properly
- Bachelors degree in health, wellness or exercise related field OR equivalent education defined as at least (3) national certifications and (5) years experience in the W/F field.
- One year management experience in a corporate fitness or health club setting
- At least one year supervisory experience
- Ability to teach a variety of classes - must be certified in classes taught
- Training and experience with fitness assessments, exercise prescriptions and wellness programming.